"That's right," the fox said. "For me you're only a little boy just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you have no need of me, either. For you I'm only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, we'll need each other. You'll be the only boy in the world for me. I'll be the only fox in the world for you..."
--The Little Prince

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We drink all day long, and it is never enough. We make hydration look good, don't you think?

Here is Petra . . . one of the wonders of the world, and the location of the Holy Grail in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. It was really spectacular.
For $5 we rode donkeys up a mountain to the great sanctuary at Petra. It was one of the most frightening things I have ever done. We were riding up steep steps and rocks along big edges, and the donkeys may have been suicidal. I was definitely scared for my life, and I fell off once because the make-shift saddle swung underneath the beast.

Here we are sitting in the only shade we could find in Oman while listening to our tour guide use really bad English to explain this ancient Roman city. It was really hot and I had just taken an allergy pill because my eyes hurt, which I did NOT know would cause drowsiness. I think I almost passed out about three times that morning. It was terrible.
We had to put on these very modest black robes to go into a Mosque in Oman. It was very fun. There were no Muslims there, but we got to take as many pics as we wanted.

There are really large pictures of leaders all over Jordan. I think this guy is the king, and a total babe. Check out that mustache. All the men here sit around and smoke those things.
I have become addicted to playing Phase 10. Kader, Dallin and I are playing in Petra by the pool. In the past week alone we have played over 20 full games. It is really addicting.
This is Elder Matson (i.e. John). We served together in Moscow and then both ended up coming on the program. Here we are sharing a head set for our tour as we begin to walk into Petra. John is one of the coolest guys I know, a really good friend and a really good influence.







4 comments:

Kate Smith said...

Hey my thousand camel girl! Glad you got to go into a mosque - being in a burka makes a great Christmas picture. Miss you lots, can't wait for disneyland, and call me!

Jennie Taylor said...

Kristy--you make ANYthing look good, not just hydration! And maybe all your Phase 10 games are the cause for your faltering test scores.... :) COME HOME SOON!!!!

Kat said...

Kristi! I found you through Elena and have been stuch on your blog for the past like 2 hours reading up on you! Always knew you were destined for great things! And you look absolutely terrific! Congrats on all of your accomplishments! You look just as happy as every!

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

Kristy!? I found you through Elena's blog. This is Kara--used to be Johnson--Farnsworth now. I've been thinking about you lately and imagining that you must be "taking the world by storm." I see that you are, most definitely. Here is my blog "the-farnsworths.blogspot.com. Please check us out, let's keep in touch!