"That's right," the fox said. "For me you're only a little boy just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you have no need of me, either. For you I'm only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, we'll need each other. You'll be the only boy in the world for me. I'll be the only fox in the world for you..."
--The Little Prince

Friday, August 8, 2008

The Galilee

We just spent 10 days on the Sea of Galilee. We held class every other morning and then spent all of our free time swimming, studying and seeing all the sights. It was absolutely beautiful. Highlights include the Mount of Beattitudes, Sailing straight across the Sea of Galilee, going to church in Tiberias overlooking the Sea, Capernum, Caesarea and Meggido (Armageddon).
Walking around the boardwalk in Tiberias was kind of like a carnival. You could buy really expensive icecream, tatoos, bags, skirts and crazy rockstar sunglasses (like the ones John and I are sporting.)
Sailing across the Sea of Galilee has been my favorite part of my entire experience in the Holy Land. There really was such a strong spirit as we crossed the sea where Jesus had walked and calmed the storm. It was awesome.
We stayed in little bungalows right on the beach, and each day we had time to swim and play. We were really ambitious one day and spent two hours building the best sand castle that beach had ever seen. Unfortunately we didn't really consider the tide, so by morning it was gone.
We visited Capernum where Christ spent a lot of his ministry. Here the Savior performed many miracles. The traditional location of Peter's house has been excavated as well as some ancient synagouges.

1 comment:

Monty said...

oh man thats awesome. I wish I could go, but you know, wife, child, job, etc. It looks like you had an amazing time. I'm a little jealous.