"That's right," the fox said. "For me you're only a little boy just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you have no need of me, either. For you I'm only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, we'll need each other. You'll be the only boy in the world for me. I'll be the only fox in the world for you..."
--The Little Prince

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Peru!



We arrived at Machu Picchu early in the morning so we could climb Winna Picchu, the mountain right above my head. I would say that we "hiked" the mountain but that wouldn't do the 3 hours of practically verticle Inca steps justice. Ouch.








Since I was already in Mexico . . . I decided to make the South America swing and see Nate in Peru. I flew into Lima, by way of Columbia, and stayed with him and some mission friends for a few days. We then flew to Cusco (where we got our great llama hats) and headed to Machu Picchu. It was COLD, but really fun.



No comments: