"That's right," the fox said. "For me you're only a little boy just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you have no need of me, either. For you I'm only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, we'll need each other. You'll be the only boy in the world for me. I'll be the only fox in the world for you..."
--The Little Prince

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mexico in a Nutshell


The kids is Mexico were adorable. We had about 35 students who came each day for an all English preschool program through ILP (they are the same non profit I went to Ukraine with in 2004.) Isai and Vanilka were two of my favorite kids. I was the head teacher this time, which meant I didn't get to teach my own class, but I did have a lot of interaction whenever the other teachers needed me (team teaching, taking kids to the bathroom, management issues and calming the crying kids.) It was a great experience.






April 28 I took off to Mexico. There were four other girls in my group and we spent our first 8 days in Mexico backpacking the Yucatan. We stopped in Merida, Chichinitza, Ciudad del Carmen, Palenque, San Cristobal and Oaxaca. Gotta love our matching drug rugs.






No comments: