"That's right," the fox said. "For me you're only a little boy just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you have no need of me, either. For you I'm only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, we'll need each other. You'll be the only boy in the world for me. I'll be the only fox in the world for you..."
--The Little Prince

Saturday, August 20, 2011

#33--Hungary...Beautiful Budapest





On Sunday night we flew into Budapest. It was absolutely gorgeous. We spent the night wandering the stunningly lit city. The next morning at 5:00 am we woke up and went to the Bath Complex. It was really like swimming in a bunch of palace fountains. There were over 20 pools over varying temperatures...from freezing (there was a snow machine producing the ice) to hot tubs. We also sat in many different saunas, the hottest being from 80-100 degrees celcius...which is rougly 200 degrees farenheit. Yikes!!



The rest of the day we spent on a Hop on Hop Off tour that tooks us to the Castle, Opera House, and over-look points. We also made sure to stop for some authentic Hungarian Goulosh and pastries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Budapest! Glad you liked the city! I have fallen in love with the city and am trying to convince my husband to do his PhD here in a few years. :)