"That's right," the fox said. "For me you're only a little boy just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you have no need of me, either. For you I'm only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, we'll need each other. You'll be the only boy in the world for me. I'll be the only fox in the world for you..."
--The Little Prince

Monday, August 1, 2011

#31 -- Germany



On Saturday I drove to Germany with Harry, Lucy, Steffi and Tim. We really had the royal treatment...amazing food, super nice car and house...everything we could dream of. Germany is the 31st country I have visited. We were in Trier...a beautiful town of about 100,000 people situated right along a river in the tall hills, forests and vineyards. It was so beautiful. I could have stayed forever.

I also had a very popular dish: spaghetti icecream...which is really just icecream put through a pasta maker and topped with strawberry sauce to look like spaghetti. We ate an amazing meal at Steffi's house...spaetzel, Hungarian meat, some other kind of skewered meat, potatoes, mousse, pudding, coca light, herbal tea...the works.

At Tim's house, the best part was breakfast each morning...a huge assortment of fresh breads, cheeses, jams, meats, etc.



The picture is hard to read, but it says "255 km/hour" which is roughly 159 miles per hour. We reached this speed on the German Autoban like it was nothing.

No comments: