"That's right," the fox said. "For me you're only a little boy just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you have no need of me, either. For you I'm only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, we'll need each other. You'll be the only boy in the world for me. I'll be the only fox in the world for you..."
--The Little Prince

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

When in Rome . . .

Here it is . . . THE Colosseum. I opted for the audio guide, which was a great choice.

Here I am sitting on the Spanish steps. Last night we saw a free classical concert here.
Trevi Fountain.
I really am happy to be at the Vatican. Really.


Well, I've had 48 hours in Rome, and I've hit all the major things on my list. Yesterday we saw the Colosseum, forum, Spanish steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Caravagio works, an out door classical concert and lots of other things. Today was also a really busyIn between my breakfast of croissants, lunch of lasagne, gelatto #1, pasta dinner and gelatto #2 for dessert I managed to tour the Vatican, including St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel and take public transportation out to some catacombs. There was no cistern, but it made me feel at home to be underground again.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Have I told you lately how I envy you almost to the point of hatred? Seriously, though, I hope you are having a great time! See you soon!!