"That's right," the fox said. "For me you're only a little boy just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you have no need of me, either. For you I'm only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, we'll need each other. You'll be the only boy in the world for me. I'll be the only fox in the world for you..."
--The Little Prince

Monday, November 30, 2009

Ukrainian Host Family



While in Ukraine we were hosted by a family with 8 kids.... an unheard of number for Eastern Europe. The family is part of a new kind of foster program in Ukraine, aimed at getting kids out of under-funded orphanages and into homes. This family brought in seven children who were each victims of domestic violence...some were younger than a year when they were finally taken away from their abusive parents.

No comments: