"That's right," the fox said. "For me you're only a little boy just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you have no need of me, either. For you I'm only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, we'll need each other. You'll be the only boy in the world for me. I'll be the only fox in the world for you..."
--The Little Prince

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mont St. Michelle



This past weekend 8 of us rented 2 cars from Brussels and headed on a road trip to Normandy, France. It was quite the adventure, but when the GPS was working it wasn't so bad to drive. All rental cars in Brussles are stick shifts...and apparently East Coast people don't ever learn to drive them. We lucked out that I could drive a stick as well as one other person. Tolls were very expensive, but gas wasn't so bad. The first day we drove down to Mont St. Michelle.





Mont St. Michelle is an old abbey that sits on an island that is surrounded by water at high tide,and dry ground at low tide. It's amazing. We had to be careful with our car because after 7:00 pm our parking spots were under water.

The abbey was gorgeous. It was just like Hogwarts.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Wow! That's way worse than a parking ticket for an expired meter.
I'm surprised that only 1/4 of the group could drive a standard transmission. I think Liz still needs to learn that skill.

Kristy said...

Liz can't drive a stick?? And she calls herself a Smith? Of my other 10 intern friends at work I am also the only one who can drive a stick. Scary!