"That's right," the fox said. "For me you're only a little boy just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you have no need of me, either. For you I'm only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, we'll need each other. You'll be the only boy in the world for me. I'll be the only fox in the world for you..."
--The Little Prince

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Crying with Cats

 



I decided to stay in tonight, by myself, and watch a chick flick. One of the best (and most depressing) girl films out there is "Becoming Jane"--the true story of Jane Austin and her short and tragic love life. In short, she fell in love, but because of the culture an the time was unable to marry the man she loved, and she remained unmarried for the rest of her life. Her love eventually married and named his first child Jane.

Anyway, so I'm sitting on my couch just as the film starts to get horribly sad. I start to cry and say out loud, "Why am I watching this?" Then I look to my left, and both of my cats are sitting right next to me on the couch arms just staring at me. Then I cry even harder...because I realize that now I am that woman home alone watching chick flicks with her cats. Sob.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Elena Loo said...

Even though - you are FAR from it, that's hilarious. I'd be on the couch crying with my cat if I could.

Bill said...

Do you love cats? And want them in a basket? With little bowties? And want them to be on a rainbow? ;-)

Kristy, you are FAR from the sad cat girl. You're a beautiful, vibrant woman who is having an adventure in Europe! You're an exciting person who has new experiences every single day! You're AMAZING!!!

Pearl Jammer said...

On the bright side when you get home there will be kittens all over ksl.com so you could really load up. Like 20 for $100!

Jennie Taylor said...

Now I'm crying, from laughing so hard at the thought of you crying with cats. MISS YOU!